Cheddar Bacon Herb Scones
served with Set to a Tea - The Earl's Finest Tea
1 box Set to a Tea - Sweet Creme Gourmet Scone Mix
6 tablespoons melted butter
1 (6 oz.) carton sour cream
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 cup real bacon bits or crumbled bacon
4 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon garlic
1/2 teaspoon chives
2 tablespoons finely shredded sharp
cheddar cheese for final garnish
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees
* Pour Set to a Tea - Sweet Cream Scone Mix
into large bowl.
* Add 1/2 cup finely shredded sharp
cheddar cheese and 3/4 cup bacon, and mix.
* Melt butter in microwave in small bowl,
and add sour cream and milk.
* Add butter mixture to dry ingredients.
* Fold mixture until blended.
* Use hand to form a ball and
move over to wax paper or cutting board.
* Form dough into a round.
Cut into 8 equal pie shaped wedges.
* Separate wedges into individual pieces
and place on cookie sheet.
* Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
* Remove from oven and brush with butter topping
and sprinkle with cheese while still warm.
Melt butter in microwave and combine
with garlic and chives.
Garnish with cheddar cheese and
serve with Set to a Tea - The Earl's Finest Tea.