Yield approx. 12 scones
Prep time; 20 minutes
Bake: 14 minutes
2 cups cake flour
1 tablespoon Green Tea Orangerie
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/2 cup unsalted butter, diced and softened
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 recipe Summer Lettuce Pesto (recipe
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, Green
Tea Orangerie, baking powder, salt,
pepper, and 1/3 cup cheese, whisking to
combine. Add butter. Using a pastry
blender, cut butter into flour mixture until
mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, combine cream and egg,
whisking well. Gradually add cream mixture
to flour mixture, mixing gently with a fork
until all ingredients are combined and a soft
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to
1/2 inch thickness. Using a 2-inch oval cutter,
cut as many scones as possible, rerolling scraps
only once. Place scones 2 inches apart on
prepared baking sheet. Using a pastry brush,
lightly coat scones with olive oil. Sprinkle scones
with remaining 1/3 cup cheese.
6. Bake until cheese is light golden brown, 12 to 14
minutes. Serve immediately, or cool on wire racks.
7. Serve with Summer Lettuce Pesto, if desired.