The Porch

Welcome to Betty's favorites! My name is Betty and I am a self proclaimed "Serial Plate Collector!" Please, take out your best tea cup, fix yourself some tea and stay a while.



Thank you for stopping by the porch!
Stay in touch and never miss a post.
Subscribe to receive an e-mail when a new post is up.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Hummingbird Nest

When I put together the spring wreath below, I had no
idea what history would follow it.  I hung it on our large
front porch and placed a glass top table under it.  One
evening, while working with dried flowers at the table,
a humming bird came down twice and hovered above
the table, so close I could have touched it.  I told my
husband, "It looks like she wants me to move!"  Little
did I know she had built her nest behind the bottom of
this wreath.  I didn't know until fall when I took the wreath
down, that she had built there.  I'm thrilled to have had this
experience and it will never happen again.  Next time, I will
know to move away.  I've had the wreath out again this
year, in hopes that another hummingbird will take up
residency, but no luck.

No comments: